1. It's okay to make mistakes: Mistakes teach you lessons. Admit you made a mistake and learn from it.
2. Embrace change: Change happens for a reason. You may not understand it at first, but in the end it will be worth it.
3. Don't worry to much about what people think of you: For the most part, those people whose opinions you care so much about right now, won't be a part of your life later. Do trust opinions of your family members who most likely will always have your best interest at heart. Ultimately, what is most important is how you feel about yourself.
4. Always be honest with yourself and others: When you are not honest with yourself, the only person you are lying to is yourself but you have to face the truth everyday when no one is around. Living a life of honesty creates peace of mind.
5. Ask lots of questions: Keep your mind open. Stay in learning mode and learn something new everyday. Answers won't surface if you don't ask questions.
6. Live below your means: Live a comfortable life, not a wasteful one. Do not spend to impress others. Do not live life trying to fool yourself into thinking wealth is measured in material objects. Manage your money wisely.
7. Be respectful of others: How you make people feel is what counts. People embrace nice people. So respect your elders, minors and everyone in between.
8. Be who you were born to be: Follow your heart and your dreams.
9. Speak up and express how you feel: People will never know how you feel unless you tell them but be respectful and mindful while doing it. It is not what you say, it's how you say it.
10. Practice continuous improvement: Work on and stay in tune with your inner being.