Did you know...
Youth are less likely to get pregnant or get someone pregnant if they have:
- Open communication with adults about using contraception.
- Supportive parents.
- Healthy family dynamics.
- Healthy relationships with peers.
- Peers who use condoms.
- Accurate knowledge about sexual health, pregnancy, sexually transmitted infections, and the importance of abstinence.
Youth are more likely to get pregnant or get someone pregnant if they:
- Live in poverty.
- Are the child of a teen parent.
- Are from a single-parent home.
- Live in a home with a lot of family conflict.
- Have sex at a young age.
- Use and/or abuse drugs and alcohol at a young age.
- Have low self-esteem.